Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Spring "Plannings" in Blue

I am not sure if it is the "Efflorescence" painting I posted the other day or the fact that the forecasted high temperature for Friday is only 9 degrees fahrenheit, but today I have been dreaming of my gardens.

Below is a picture of some of the pots on my deck last summer. (Notice the blue theme.) Because of the "Efflorescence" painting, I know I will be looking for those lovely Green Envy Zinnias this year. The Midnight Blue Salvia is usually easy to find.

Other than my perennial plantings, I cannot say that I have ever "planned" my gardens. What usually happens is that I purchase as many different kinds of blue annuals that I can find. Then, I go back to the greenhouses for the different colored and textured "fill ins" I need. I guess I do sort-of plan things as I go along, because I do pay attention to light needs, size, color and texture, but they are spur of the moment decisions vs. pre-planned.
Whenever I have had the big idea that I am going to save some money and grow some plants from seed indoors, they usually don't last very long. I either forget to water them, or I do not transplant them fast enough. However, I have had luck with seeds that I can plant directly in the ground.

The following a few of the seed selections offered by gardeners on Etsy plus a few other neat things. =)

Here are the links to the items above:

7 comments:

  1. Here is an online store that carries Green Envy Zinnia seeds. =)
    http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/2197

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including me in your blog picks! I appreciate it!

    Jan
    http://gypsywynd.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of blue items! Love the switchplates!

    (And thanks for including my garden journal with purple lotus blossoms!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for featuring an item from my shop on your blog. greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue in the garden is my favorite color!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Thanks so much for including my organic blue flower collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOO, I love delphinium! Makes my mouth water for Spring!

    ReplyDelete